Access Statement for Langar Near the Hall
Langar Near the Hall’s self catering cottage is ideal for those who want a relaxing self-catering break with beautiful views of the countryside and with the town of Bingham less than 10 minutes drive away.
The cottage sleeps up to four people in two bedrooms; The second bedroom can either be made up as 2 single beds or one superking bed. Please let us know of your requirements at least 2 days in advance.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone Ruth on 07771 883273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a website which provides information about our cottage. The text size can be enlarged using the functionality of your browser.
- Enquiries/bookings can be made via telephone, email, our website or any online booking company to which we subscribe.
- The nearest bus stop is 0.2 miles away and buses run into Nottingham, Cropwell Bishop, West Bridgford and other village destinations nearby.
- The nearest railway station is at Bingham, around 5 miles away so a car is really essential.
- We can arrange for your supermarket delivery to be delivered in time for your arrival and unpack the shopping for you. Please let us know your requirements when booking (a small fee is payable for this service)
- Alternatively, you can place an order directly with several major supermarkets for delivery after you have arrived.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- The owners live on site so the key can usually be collected from the owner’s property on arrival. You will be notified of an alternative arrangement if this is not possible.
- Parking is available for 2-3 cars, 25 m from the front door of the cottage.
- The parking area is loose gravel, with a paved path leading to the cottage.
- This area is well lit at night by constant lighting and by motion sensor lights.
Access to the cottage
- The front door to the cottage is 820 mm/32.25 ins wide and opens directly into the living/dining area.
- There is a 50 mm/2 ins high step over the door.
- The floor covering in the kitchen/living/dining room is tiled with direct level access to the rest of the cottage.
- The room has a three seater and a single armchair for relaxing and four dining chairs with table, together with 2 occasion tables.
- Furniture can be moved if reasonably required (other than the sofa which may damage the floor if moved).
- There is a digital television with remote control, DVD freeview and subtitles.
- Lighting is natural daylight, with overhead lighting as well as a table lamp.
- Wi-Fi is available (subject to reception which is often poor).
- The dining table is moveable and has legs at each end. It is 630mm/25 ins to lowest point of the table (under space) and is 770mm/30 ins high.
- There is free space around the table.
- There are 2 outward opening patio doors from the living area which open to create an access 1100mm/43.5 ins wide with a step 50mm high
- The kitchen is situated directly off the dining area with step free, level access as it is open plan.
- The door of the oven drops down and the handle is 700mm/27.5 ins above the floor.
- The hob is 900mm/35.5 ins above the floor.
- The worktop and sink are 900mm/35.5 ins above the floor.
- Fridge freezer is an integrated appliance; the highest shelf in fridge 460mm/18 ins and lowest drawer in fridge is 260mm/10 ins.
- Large cutlery and utensils.
- There is a cordless kettle rotating 360 degrees.
- The kitchen is evenly lit, with an extra light in the cooker hood.
- Flooring is tiled.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- The doors to all bedrooms are 710mm/28 ins wide.
- The height of the king size bed is 660mm/26 ins and single beds from the top of the mattress to the floor and the single beds/superking bed is 660mm/26 ins.
- Lighting is natural daylight and overhead lights.
- Bedside lamps in each bedroom.
- All bedrooms offer good colour contrast between the floor, walls and doors, short pile carpet/natural seagrass floorcovering and feather bedding.
- Shower Room – the door opening is 700mm/27.7 ins wide. Bathroom – the door opening 710mm/28 ins wide.
- There is step free, level access into both bathrooms each of which lead off the bedrooms.
- Step up into the shower is 125mm/5 ins.
- The toilets are 425mm/16.7 ins high (shower room) and 400mm/16 ins high (bathroom).
- The wash basin is 800mm/31.5 ins high in the bathroom with lever tap; and 870mm/34 ins high in the shower room with a lever tap.
- Well lit with overhead lighting.
- Non-slip plastic mat provided for the bath and towel floor mats provided in the bathrooms to put on the tiled flooring.
- Each cottage has its own paved patio area which can be accessed from the living/dining room or from the kitchen by the threshold steps over the doors.
- A wooden garden table and 4 seats are available on the patio.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- The mobile and wifi phone reception can be poor.
- The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit is 13 miles away at Nottingham (QMC), the nearest walk in NHS centre is 12 miles away and the nearest Doctor’s surgery is 2 miles away. Further details are in the Cottage Information pack.
- There is a list of nearby attractions in the Information pack.
- The cottage is totally non smoking.
- Re cycling for all general refuse including plastic bottles cans and glass bottles is available in the refuse area by the car parking.
Bottom House Farm
Telephone: 07771 883273
Ordnance Survey Sheet 129/ Explorer OS sheet no 260,
Hours of Operation: Open all year round